Security force sent to Lubo, Tanudan to pacify clan conflict
Posted on | Thursday, 31 March 2011 | No Comments
by Peter A. Balocnit
TABUK, Kalinga, March 31 – Security forces from the army and the police have been dispatched to Lubo, Tanudan to pacify the looming clan conflict that had claimed two more lives this month.
Fourteen enlisted personnel from the 21st Infantry Battalion, 501st Brigade under 1Lt. Aries Apduhan are now stationed at Lubo to augment local police to prevent trouble from escalating.
Another team from the provincial PNP mobile group will join the peacekeeping force as soon as assignment of personnel in other risk areas is put in place to avoid a security vacuum.
Tanudan Mayor Johnwell Tigganay earlier requested the peacekeeping force through the Provincial Peace and Order Council chaired by Gov. Jocel Baac to be deployed in the area.
Baac directed during the PPOC meeting last week to send a composite team to avert further bloodshed. A composite team was immediately organized and a detachment was established in the conflict zone.
It can be recalled that Roger Cullapoy and Sallaya Condaya of the same Angnganay clan were killed in separate incidents the past weeks allegedly by their enemies as vengeance prize.
Tiggangay said a Scene of the Crime Operative team went to Lubo to conduct investigation on the killing of Condaya and criminal charges have been filed in court against the suspects. *(PAB-PIA-CAR,Kalinga)
TABUK, Kalinga, March 31 – Security forces from the army and the police have been dispatched to Lubo, Tanudan to pacify the looming clan conflict that had claimed two more lives this month.
Fourteen enlisted personnel from the 21st Infantry Battalion, 501st Brigade under 1Lt. Aries Apduhan are now stationed at Lubo to augment local police to prevent trouble from escalating.
Another team from the provincial PNP mobile group will join the peacekeeping force as soon as assignment of personnel in other risk areas is put in place to avoid a security vacuum.
Tanudan Mayor Johnwell Tigganay earlier requested the peacekeeping force through the Provincial Peace and Order Council chaired by Gov. Jocel Baac to be deployed in the area.
Baac directed during the PPOC meeting last week to send a composite team to avert further bloodshed. A composite team was immediately organized and a detachment was established in the conflict zone.
It can be recalled that Roger Cullapoy and Sallaya Condaya of the same Angnganay clan were killed in separate incidents the past weeks allegedly by their enemies as vengeance prize.
Tiggangay said a Scene of the Crime Operative team went to Lubo to conduct investigation on the killing of Condaya and criminal charges have been filed in court against the suspects. *(PAB-PIA-CAR,Kalinga)

Category:
Kalinga
Comments
Search
Archives
-
►
2013
(7)
- ► 07/07 - 07/14 (3)
- ► 06/09 - 06/16 (4)
-
▼
2011
(325)
- ► 06/19 - 06/26 (11)
- ► 06/12 - 06/19 (37)
- ► 06/05 - 06/12 (9)
- ► 05/22 - 05/29 (11)
- ► 05/15 - 05/22 (10)
- ► 05/08 - 05/15 (14)
- ► 05/01 - 05/08 (9)
- ► 04/24 - 05/01 (24)
- ► 04/17 - 04/24 (19)
- ► 04/10 - 04/17 (19)
- ► 04/03 - 04/10 (44)
-
▼
03/27 - 04/03
(33)
- CITC,TESDA conduct basic computer operations train...
- Public schools to access internet
- Benguet Technical School considering tuition fee hike
- Five CAR provinces among top 10 in Good Governance...
- HARRDEC develops etag for commercialization
- Mayaen invites public to 'Lang-ay 2011'
- Abalos stands firm on gambling ban
- ACCESS continues supporting marginalized students
- Summer employment for students to start April 11
- Mt. Province SP no cha-cha
- Fongwan pushes for organic farming in Benguet
- Reproductive health is a right, not an option - Re...
- Kalinga mayors to help control mercury poisoning o...
- Security force sent to Lubo, Tanudan to pacify cla...
- DTI distributes 60 computers to public schools
- Council to market Baguio City online
- Lagawe dads approve trike fare rate increase
- Alert army confiscates thousands of narra board feet
- Sturdy, glutinous corn production pushed
- Itogon agrees with relocation site for typhoon vic...
- DENR encourages gov't offices to go paperless
- Empowering our Graduates
- EMB Kalinga suggests gold miners shift to safer me...
- Hingyon officials increase annual cash assistance ...
- CAR is among top grosser in national trade fair, e...
- Hungduan town adopts gender and development code
- GSIS spares pine forest from commercial sprawl
- PDEA steps-up preventive education campaign on dru...
- 'Revised city charter to settle land disputes in c...
- Film Council to offer free film viewing
- Domogan: no credit-grabbing on Benguet products
- Commercial districts sought in Irisan, Loakan to d...
- Domogan welcomes new flyover
- ► 03/20 - 03/27 (48)
- ► 03/13 - 03/20 (37)
Leave a Reply